You are using Mozilla Thunderbird as your email client on your computer at night with its light theme it might be a little uncomfortable without enabling dark mode in thunderbird.
Mozilla has introduced an option to enable the dark mode on the Thunderbird Email Client with the release of the latest update.
Update: Many users are facing black background on text and other dark mode issues in Mozilla TB latest version as well. So disabling the dark mode feature will help solve the issue.
How To Enable Mozilla Thunderbird Dark Mode
Let’s see how you can enable the dark theme on Mozilla Thunderbird Client in the step by step tutorial below.
- Open the Thunderbird menu and press the ALT keyboard button to view the menu options.
- Choose the Tools Option >> Click on Add-ons to open the add-ons section.
- Now choose the Themes option.
- Click on Enable Button for the Dark Theme option.
- This will enable the Mozilla Thunderbird dark theme mode.
How To Disable Mozilla Thunderbird Dark Mode
To disable the Dark mode in Thunderbird email client follow the below steps.
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird application on your computer.
- Next, go to the Tools >> Add-ons option.
- Now choose the themes option inside the Add-ons settings page.
- Find Manage your themes option on the left and click the button to disable the dark theme.
Is there a way to automatically enable dark mode at night or in low light conditions?
Can I customize the colors used in dark mode of Mozilla Thunderbird?
Is dark mode available for all versions of Mozilla Thunderbird?
Is dark mode available for all platforms for Mozilla Thunderbird?
Is there a way to revert back to light mode?
I hope you were able to change the Mozilla Thunderbird from a light theme to a dark theme or vice versa using our detailed tutorial.
Do comment below if you face any issues after enabling the mozilla thunderbird dark theme feature.