What is VLC Frame by Frame?
VLC Frame by Frame is a feature of VLC media player which plays the video frame by frame. So if you want to analyze a video in VLC one frame at a time, you can use the Play Video Frame by frame feature in VLC.
To do this, we have to enable the Frame by Frame feature built into it to play it one frame after another frame.
You can also enable the advanced controls if you like to have more control over this feature. Let’s learn how we can do this step by step below.
How To Play Video In VLC Frame By Frame
- Open the VLC Media Player on your computer.
- Open the video file that you want to play frame by frame.
- Now when you are at the correct time in the video where you want to analyze the video frame by frame, press the “E shortcut key” on your keyboard.
- Now the video will pause and the VLC Media Player will play the video one frame at a time. Click on the E Button Again to play the Next Frame.
- This frame by frame features works in VLC when the video is playing or when the video is paused as well.
Do you know that VLC can be used to Cut videos? If you wanted to know how then you would also like to read How to cut videos in VLC.
How Do I Enable Video Frame by Frame numbers in VLC
With this feature below you can also analyze the video with Frame by Frame number so it’s easy to track which frame you are seeing.
- To show frame by frame number on your VLC player, select the Tools option >> Media Information option on your windows PC.
- Go to the Statistics window and under the Video option, you can see the frame displayed and lost.
- Adding both these Displayed and Lost frame values will give you the frame number in VLC.
How Do I Reverse frame by frame in VLC
By default, the frame by frame feature only goes forward one frame at a time.
If you want to make it go reverse frame by frame, there is no option available as of now. You can use the “A shortcut” key for frame stepping.
Hope you were able to play the video frame by frame using the VLC media player. If you liked our tutorial, don’t forget to share our tutorial on social media.
Also, comment below your opinion about this awesome VLC feature or if the VLC frame by frame feature is not working for you.