It can be frustrating when you finally decide on a movie to watch on Amazon prime video, but it says the “Video Currently Unavailable“. The problem can arise for several reasons such as streaming rights for a particular show being over or some other technical issues.
Here is what the error will look like when there is some issue “We’re experiencing a problem playing this video. For assistance, please go to www.primevideo.com/help?nodeId=GU85HKX66NVFNQ9Y.”
In this article, we will discuss some straightforward and a few unconventional ways to solve this problem.
If you can’t watch a video on Amazon Prime Video, don’t worry. Here are 8 methods to fix the issue.
- Check Amazon Servers: Use a site to see if Amazon servers are down in your area.
- Restart Your Device: A simple restart can fix minor technical issues.
- Disable VPN: Turn off VPN if it’s blocking the video or connecting to an unavailable region.
- Update App: Update the Amazon Prime Video app to the latest version.
- Check Internet: A slow or unstable connection can cause the error, check it by streaming a video on another platform.
- Amazon Prime Video Unavailable on Firestick: Try restarting both Firestick and router, check internet connection and update Firestick software.
- Change Video Quality: Change the video quality to a lower setting if it’s causing buffering.
- Contact Amazon: Visit Amazon’s help page if none of the above methods work.
Note: The methods are to solve different situations. Choose the solution based on your issue.
Check If Amazon Servers are Down
You can use this istheservicedown.com to check Amazon server outages in your area. The site displays outage data for top streaming sites like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBOmax for the last 24 hours. It also shows the number of reports for the service you check. You can see the affected areas too. Pie charts show the issues like streaming problems, buffering, crashing, sign in, and video quality. Check for Amazon’s streaming problems to confirm server outages.
Restart Device and Router
If your Amazon Prime Video isn’t working, try turning off both your device and router, unplugging them, and waiting 1-2 minutes before plugging them back in and turning on only the Amazon Prime Video app. This simple step can often fix technical problems. If it doesn’t work, look for more solutions.
- Turn off device & router, unplug.
- Wait 1-2 min, then plug back in & turn on.
- Use only Amazon Prime Video app.
- This should refresh app for smooth streaming. If problem continues, read more.
Enable or Disable VPN Connection
Using a free or unreliable VPN or a DNS/proxy setting can restrict Amazon Prime Video access. Also, some videos may not be available in your region. To fix this, turn off the VPN.
- Open VPN app
- Disconnect VPN
- Clear browser or app data (if using Prime Video app)
This resets the cookies and lets Amazon detect your location. Now, you should be able to watch without issues. If you want to access a video not available in your region, turn the VPN back on.
Updating Amazon Prime Video App
It’s possible that the issue is with the app itself and not with your device or internet connection. In this case, updating the app to the latest version may fix the problem. Here’s how to update the Amazon Prime Video app on your device:
- On Android: Open Google Play Store, search for the app, check for updates or go to this link directly on your mobile, and check if there’s an update available. If yes, tap on the Update button.
- On iOS: Open iOS App Store, search for the app, check for updates or click here if you are using your iphone to go directly and check if there’s an update available. If yes, tap on the Update button.
- On Smart TV: Go to the app store, search for the app, check for updates, install if available.
Check Your Internet Connection
A weak or inconsistent net connection may also result in the “This video is currently unavailable” error on Amazon Prime Video. To determine if the issue lies with your internet, try streaming a video on a different platform, for instance YouTube. If the video loads and plays smoothly, the problem is likely on Amazon Prime Video’s servers.
To troubleshoot an internet connection issue, try these steps:
- Restart your router or modem
- Verify your device’s network connection
- Check for router or modem updates
- Try connecting to an alternate network like a mobile hotspot
- Run a speed test to assess the internet speed.
If Amazon Prime Video is unavailable on your Firestick device, there could be several reasons for the issue. Here are some possible solutions:
- Restart the device: Try restarting both your Firestick and router to reset the network connection.
- Check internet connection: Make sure that your Firestick device is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Update the software: Check for updates for both your Firestick software and the Amazon Prime Video app and install any available updates.
- Clear app data: Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Prime Video, and then select “Clear Data.”
- Uninstall and reinstall the app: Uninstall the Amazon Prime Video app and then reinstall it from the Amazon Appstore.
If none of these solutions work, try contacting Amazon customer support for further assistance.
Contact Amazon Prime Video Support
If all the previous steps have failed, reaching out to Amazon Prime Video support would be the next step. The support team will be able to diagnose the issue and offer a resolution. You have the option to reach out to them via the Amazon website or the contact information available on the Amazon Prime Video app.
Click here to go to Prime Video Support Page.
When you encounter the “This video is currently unavailable” error on Amazon Prime Video, it could be due to various causes. Fortunately, the methods mentioned earlier should be able to resolve the issue, enabling you to return to viewing your preferred shows and films. It is recommended that you begin by attempting the most straightforward solutions, such as rebooting your device or examining your internet connection, before proceeding to more complex methods. If none of these methods work, reach out to the Amazon Prime Video support team for assistance without any hesitation.
Gowtham V, the founder of howtodoninja.com is an experienced tech writer and a cybersecurity enthusiast with a passion for exploring the latest technological advancements. He has 10 years of experience in writing comprehensive how to guides, tutorials, and reviews on software, hardware, and internet services. With an interest in computer security, he strives to educate users by writing content on how to use technology, and how to also protect their smart devices and personal data from cyber threats. He currently uses a Windows computer, and a Macbook Pro, and tests hundreds of Android phones for writing his reviews and guides.